Organizing for Action (OFA) is a non-partisan, issue advocacy organization committed to growing the grassroots movement by training, educating, and activating civically engaged community members across the country. We're a grassroots-driven organization, committed to training the leaders of tomorrow and giving Americans the tools they need to be heard by lawmakers. If you want to help build the progressive movement, and fight for progress on issues like economic opportunity, climate change, immigration reform, or equality for all, this is the place for you.
HQ Internship Opportunity:
OFA is now accepting applications for full- and part-time Interns for the Summer 2016 HQ Internship Program in Chicago. HQ Interns will have the unique opportunity to work closely with staff in advancing the progressive agenda. Departmental placements are available across the organization, and could include grassroots organizing, training, digital, press and finance. In your cover letter, please specify what type of work most interests you. Accepted HQ Interns will be paired with departments based on their stated interests, qualifications, and availability. This is an unpaid internship program.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual with a strong desire to learn and a deep commitment to OFA's mission. Requirements of the candidate include:
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and work in the field of public service, grassroots organizing, and political engagement
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work independently while also being an effective member of a team
- Detail oriented, ability to think critically and creatively
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong commitment to changing the world
Flexible start and end dates are available.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Organizing for Action is an equal opportunity employer.